List:       opensolaris-observability-disc
Subject:    [observability-discuss] Chime visualization tool for DTrace
From:       tomee () eng ! sun ! com (Tom Erickson)
Date:       2006-04-14 15:28:47

The Chime visualization tool for DTrace is a new OpenSolaris project:

    http://opensolaris.org/os/project/dtrace-chime/

I announced that I would use dtrace-chime-discuss as the discussion
forum for this project, but on second thought decided that the existing
dtrace-discuss is better for now.  I'll correct that announcement later
today.

I would love to get your feedback either on this list or on
dtrace-discuss.  In particular I'm hoping that the observability
community can suggest new displays that are more useful than those I
currently offer.  Please try the displays (including three specific to
zones under the File | Load menu) and see what suggestions come to mind.
Also I'm interested in ideas about how kstats might provide a high-level
starting point for some DTrace-based displays targeted to specific
aspects of the system (such as I/O).

Thanks!

Tom