List:       opensolaris-nfs-discuss
Subject:    Re: [nfs-discuss] "No such file or directory" error
From:       Tom Haynes <Thomas.Haynes () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-12-15 23:24:32

Andre Goree wrote:
> Hmmm, apparently the default is "sys" as I determined by looking at /etc/nfssec.conf

There is sometimes a negotiation going on.

> Here are the three commands and their output:
>
> andre@sol:~# mount -o sec=sys /mnt/mandibox
> nfs mount: mandibox:/home/andre: No such file or directory

I take it /home/andre does exisit on mandibox?

And that if you are trying this from a Linux client, it just works?

Could you get snoop output?

On your OpenSolaris client:

# snoop -o /root/mount.scp mandibox sol

where mandibox and sol are the names of the two machines involved.

If possible, don't have any other connection between the two going on
(e.g., a ssh session from one to the other to do scripting/commands).

And then share it with us.