List:       opensolaris-nfs-discuss
Subject:    [nfs-discuss] In-Kernel Sharetab
From:       Tom Haynes <tdh () sun ! com>
Date:       2007-01-31 21:29:53

So I posted a project description to the opensolaris-discuss for In
Kernel Sharetab:

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=22379&tstart=60

It was pointed out that was the wrong place.

Another issue is that the project is also undergoing review as an
internal Sun project.

Roland has been asking about an API to the sharetab in the comments of
one of
my blog entries:

http://blogs.sun.com/tdh/entry/debugging_that_issue_with_the

I'm pushing the discussion here because he is really trying to design
part of the project.
I'm not adverse to that, I'd just prefer it go on in a discussion group
and not on my blog.

I'm also interested in how does the requirements he is asking for get
accepted or
incorporated into the community. I can certainly deliver my project
without the
API library - and I could also easily code one up on my own time and submit
it as an external contribution.