List:       opensolaris-nfs-discuss
Subject:    [nfs-discuss] Re:  Re: HELP!! Solaris 10 - Mount NFSv4 Share
From:       robert.thurlow () sun ! com (Robert Thurlow)
Date:       2006-03-23 10:10:50

Peter Eriksson wrote:
> So "nfs/client.domain" is never needed? And idea why "kclient" creates those?
>
> Atleast according to the Solaris 10 documentation:
>
>    http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4557/6maosrjli?a=view

My quick read of this makes me want to interpret the "client"
reference here as "Kerberos client", since NFS servers have to
be Kerberos clients.  But I am not sure that was the clear intent
of the author :-)  Section 5-d in particular seems to think that
the client needs an nfs/* principal, which I don't think is correct.

I do notice, though, that there's more meat in that page about
the root/* principal than I'd given - you'd need it if you
wanted jobs running as root to have root access to NFS files.

Rob T