List:       opensolaris-mktg
Subject:    Re: [advocacy-discuss] University Of Maryland UG
From:       Jim Grisanzio <Jim.Grisanzio () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-06-15 3:29:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 06/14/09 01:08, Michael Evans wrote:
> Where do i send the email? I sent it to advocacy-discuss at opensolaris dot org \
> (obviously replacing the @ and the .) but I didn't receive any sort of confirmation \
> or anything. Is that the right address?
> Thanks
> Mike

hi ...

The process is here:

http://opensolaris.org/os/community/advocacy/usergroups/

        Start a New OpenSolaris User Group: Three Easy Steps

If there is no established user group in your area, you can propose that
a new group be created and hosted on opensolaris.org. To get user group
infrastructure (a project space and mailing list) on opensolaris.org,
send a short proposal to advocacy-discuss (sign up
<http://mail.opensolaris.org/mailman/listinfo/advocacy-discuss>,
archives <http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/advocacy-discuss/>,
forum <http://opensolaris.org/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=196>). You need
one +1 vote and no -1 votes. Only Core Contributors can vote, and voting
is open on advocacy-discuss for three days. Write your proposal in the
following format:

         1. Name of your OpenSolaris User Group and the abbreviation for
            the project URL. For example: Japan OpenSolaris User Group.
            JPOSUG. Please check the list of OSUGs
            <http://opensolaris.org/os/community/advocacy/usergroups/ug-leaders/>
            for names and abbreviations that are already taken.
         2. Two or more initial participants listed with their
            opensolaris.org user IDs
         3. A short paragraph description of the group -- including
            location (City, State, Country), activities planned, related
            organizations, etc. Keep it simple.

If your user group proposal is approved, the Advocacy Community
Facilitator will work with you to set up a project space and mail list.

Jim

--
http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris/