List:       opensolaris-mktg
Subject:    Re: [advocacy-discuss] List of Solaris strengths...
From:       "Isaac R." <isaac () sun ! com>
Date:       2007-07-31 22:18:59

Joerg Schilling wrote:

>Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro@sun.com> wrote:
>

>>Isaac R. wrote, On 31/07/07 14:42:
>>
>> > I'm making additions...
>>
>>If we don't add references or links to other sources for verification,

I've added some links; what would be a good example of another source
for verification?
Sun mktg has published slideware on application acceptance, ISV-readiness.

I would imagine that, at least initially, most of Solaris strengths
would be documented on *.sun.com and opensolaris.org

There are of course sites like softpanorama
http://www.softpanorama.org/Solaris/index.shtml - we could hyperlink to.

>>that page will look like «The OpenSolaris cheerleading site». :-)

The crucial point in the OpenSolaris/Solaris relationship is that
OpenSolaris clearly acts as a vehicle for introduction (and availability) of
features  much earlier then the time they'd be introduced into Solaris
proper.   Multiply that by being predictable and you have one strength
worth cheerleading about :-)

Regards,
Isaac