List:       opensolaris-mktg
Subject:    [osol-mktg] Visits to community pages in August
From:       Patrick.Finch () Sun ! COM (patrick finch)
Date:       2005-09-12 7:47:17

All,

This is something that cropped up in a review of the website: on the
communities page, 4 different communities are highlighted as Key
Communities, and the rest are merely listed below.

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/communities/

We wondered how the traffic for the different communities pages stacks
up.  The question was whether appearing in the highlighted box appeared
to have a major impact.

The highlighted communities are:
Nevada
Community Advisory Board
Documentation
Tools

And they are marketd with * in the table below.

Correlation isn't cause (there was a reason why these communities were
highlighted as "key" after all), but it is noticable that two of the
highlighted communities dwarf the others for page views.  Any thoughts?
   Should we be trying to promote other communities more?

regards

Patrick

Page Views by Community (August)
--------------------------------