List:       opensolaris-lvm-discuss
Subject:    Re: [lvm-discuss] errors creating metadb during jumpstart
From:       Steve <solaris9uk () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-10-25 16:55:15

On the same topic if I build an x86 machine with metadevices created during the \
install the first reboot after installation completes root fails to mount.

This appears to be due to a strange issue with the fs-usr svc method script well to \
be exact the checkfs function in the /lib/svc/share/fs_include.sh. There is a case \
statement in the checkfs function which fails the method if fsck returns an error \
code of 33 (already mounted) which is strange as you would think that if the \
filesystem is already mounted read/write that it was consistent and was not a reason \
to fail anyway. On the first reboot after install with root on a metadevice root \
appears to be already mounted r/w by the time the fs-usr script runs.

Fixed this by doing:-
sed 's/0|40/0|33|40/g' /lib/svc/share/fs_include.sh

Again hope this helps. I just find it frustrating that this functionality does not \
appear to have been tested. Seems to apply to all versions of Sol10x86 that I have \
tested.