List:       opensolaris-lvm-discuss
Subject:    Re: [lvm-discuss] SVM equivilent of Veritas unencapsulate procedure.
From:       James MacFarlane - Solaris Sustaining Engineering
Date:       2007-07-30 7:27:32

Bob,

	SVM doesn't modify the underlying partition table in the way that VxVM
does, so there is no encapsulation / unencapsulation involved.

	To stop using an SVM boot mirror and revert back to the underlying disk
devices you just use "metaroot {disk device}" and then edit any other
entries in /etc/vfstab for the other filesystems on that disk.

James.