List:       opensolaris-lvm-discuss
Subject:    Re: [lvm-discuss] metadb questions
From:       "Leon Koll" <leon.is.here () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-08 21:43:09

Hi Sanjay,

On 4/8/07, Sanjay Nadkarni <Sanjay.Nadkarni@sun.com> wrote:

> I believe there was bug where adding a second drive failed to add a
> second metadb.  The bug was in the replica rebalance code.  I thought
> the fix was putback in Nevada a while back.
>
> 4875636 metaset balance code broken during disk addition/deletion
> and
> 4766674 3 4 2,o      2    SVM allows creation of >8192 block metadb but does not use the space
>
> Is it possible you are running into this ?

Very possible.
The simple workaround that worked for me was:

# metadb -s myset -a /dev/did/rdsk/d39s6

So now "metaset -s myset" shows
<...>
Drive Dbase
<...>
d39   Yes

The workaround was ok, but the real troubles just began...
See http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=108217

Thanks,
-- leon