List:       opensolaris-lvm-discuss
Subject:    Re: [lvm-discuss] Re: Export/Import of SVM Disksets in Sun Cluster
From:       Sanjay Nadkarni <Sanjay.Nadkarni () sun ! com>
Date:       2006-06-28 16:14:14

Kumar,
    The short answer to your question is at this point with SVM you
cannot use metaimport.
SunCluster may have other ways to do this that I am not aware of.

 Disks in Suncluster are accessed through the DID device driver.  Until
recently this driver did not support deviceids correctly.  As a result
there is explict code in SVM to disable deviceid support when running
SunCluster.  For metaimport to work, deviceids support is required.

That of course is changing.  I believe SC 3.2 will enhance the DID
driver to correctly support deviceids. Once this is done, changes (and
testing) will be required.   While this does not address your problem, I
hope you understand the issues.

-Sanjay