List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    [laptop-discuss] atheros v-0.5 seems no longer to work in Solaris 10
From:       DE <david () dese ! co ! uk>
Date:       2010-04-21 9:00:53

Hi,

I would like to highlight an issue I already monitored since Solaris 10 0905 has been \
published by Sun.

After installing an update on a Solaris 10 08/05 for some reason the ath driver did \
no longer work.

issuing wificonfig -i ath0 scan did not show any available networks.

Today I installed for testing purposes - of course total legal while still in \
Oracle's 90 days testing term - Solaris 10 10/09.

After the installation has finished and I have applied the necessary packages:

wificonfig-0.3
ath-0.5
wpa_supplicant-0.1

the card did work as it should and I could connect to the wap.

But after a reboot, the same issue like described above. no networks available.

The card worked under Solaris 10 properly for almost 2 years until an update in 08/05 \
was released.

At present I am a little bit lost as I do not have a clue at all what could have \
changed inside the system what causes the incident.

Any impressions of you how to overcome this are much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Dave
//Co-Founder of sunfreepacks.com