List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    [laptop-discuss] HP EliteBook 6930p
From:       Dan Pitic <dpitic () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-19 7:13:01

I've just installed OpenSolaris b134 on a HP EliteBook 6930p.  The system runs mostly \
fine and is usable with only 4 driver problems identified by the Device Driver \
Utility.

I've noticed two things:

1. The power icon in GNOME does not respond to the power cable being plugged in or \
unplugged.  The system doesn't seem to register power source changes while it is \
running.  If the system is rebooted under the new power source, only then is it \
correctly recognized.  Also, under Power Preferences, the "On AC Power" tab is \
available, but the "On Battery" tab is not available.

2. When I try to change the Visual Effects in the Desktop Appearance to anything \
other than None, the screen goes completely white, and then after the timeout \
expires, the desktop returns back to normal with the None option selected again.

Does anybody have any ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks