List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [laptop-discuss] Success on Gateway Convertible
From:       Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2010-01-20 18:50:02

B. Gian James wrote:
> Successfully installed OpenSolaris on Gateway CX210 (TA6) convertible tablet PC \
> (although the screen rotate nor pen functionality work).
> I was wondering, is there any tablet pc support/functionality in OpenSolaris or 3rd \
> party software yet?

What would support would be specific to tablet pc's over normal laptops?

There is work in progress on a Wacom pen driver - I'm not sure if that helps,
since I'm not sure what pens are used in most tablet pcs.

Manually rotating the screen depends on the video driver - most common ones
support it via xrandr already.   Hooking that up to some automated signal
from the hardware that you've rotated it probably depends on an ACPI method
which is hardware specific and could be handled similar to the hardware-specific
ACPI handling of the "switch outputs" button on many laptops.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com