List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [laptop-discuss] wifi problem @ solaris10 (ath)
From:       "akihisa.y" <aki9451 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-17 22:09:34

> > Hi there , pls help me!!
> >
> > I using solaris10 on my IBM X40 , with AR5BMB-44 wifi card.
> >
> Hi akihisa,
>
> Currently there is no ath driver available for solaris10 except ath
> driver version 0.5, you can have a try with it but i'm
> not sure if your H/W will be support by it.
> > Installing driver , plumb ath0 ,ifconfig IP netmask
> > then wificonfig -i ath0 scan,,,,,,,cant find my access point.
> > sometimes find accesspoint at someones house,
> > so it works but can`t get turn on radio param. still dark wifi LED.
> > there is no problem at that card because It works perfectly on windows xp and \
> > suse linux which I multi booting on my machine....
> > I find same issue on the web ....some people havesame problem and he solved with \
> > change wifi card to intel 2200type...

> Are you sure they are running solaris10 too? AFAIK, there is no wiif
> driver available for solaris10 except ath v0.5 .
>
> Thanks,
>
> Br,
>
> Lin

Thanks for your message.

Yes , I don't know that if they using open solaris or Solaris10.
But japanese sun microsystems page ,written about wifi in solaris10.

LINK
http://jp.sun.com/communities/0702/feature03.html

There is some description of solaris10 which also can use wifi if the device is not \
newcommer....
I`ll try more,,,, thx