List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [laptop-discuss] Release Candidate for OpenSolaris 2008.11 and
From:       Casper.Dik () Sun ! COM
Date:       2008-12-16 13:43:17

>> > Hi everyone.
>> > I just tried the release candidate, and I've seen that this network card
>> > (  Marvell Yukon 88E8040 ) isn't supported.
>> > Any suggestion to make it work ?
>>
>> David,
>> I recently updated my myk driver for yukon2 family, would you try it?
>> http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/eng/
>
>I'm actually posting this from a Samsung NC10-anyNet
>netbook (running SX:CE 104 bfu'ed to nightly 2008-12-15),
>using the myk-2.6.5 driver.  The Samsung NC10 has
>the Marvell 88E8040 PCI-E fast ethernet device.
>It works when connected to a netgear fast ethernet
>switch.  One problem, though: The myk driver does not
>find the correct media settings when connected to a
>gigabit ethernet switch.
>
>Btw: The Solaris drivers from the syskonnect / marvell
>website didn't work; the default install didn't include
>the necessary device binding entry for the 88E8040,
>and after manually adding such an alias, the driver
>did panic the system.

Unfortunately, there's no unified 32/64 driver packages for
the syskonnect/marvell device.  You get yukon and yukonx;
it should be one driver name, one packages.

But there's a syskonnect driver for 32 and 64 bit; you may need to add
a specific driver_alias.

			 Another problem is that the
>yukon2 driver is only available as a 64-bit driver, but
>the Intel Atom N270 cpu in the Samsung NC10 only
>has 32-bit support.  See also bug 6660771:
>http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6660771

Yeah, better get the Atom 230/330 :-)

Casper