List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    [laptop-discuss] Trouble with install Open Solaris on LG E300
From:       Gustavo Reyes <gperezreyes () correoargentino ! com ! ar>
Date:       2008-10-31 5:35:26

We were trying to install Open Solaris(SVN_86) on a friend's laptop (An LG E300), and \
we stumbled upon a problem... The keyboard stops responding after the kernel loads \
the modules... The strange thing is that it works perfectly with GRUB, but after \
that, the keyboard dies. It happened some time ago when he was trying to install \
debian, but it didnt happen when he installed FreeBSD. We also tried installing \
Solaris 10, but the problem is the same. We read about a similar problem with a MacOS \
Pro platform, and it seems that the problem is because the laptop has an usb internal \
keyboard. (The guy with that problem, had an external usb keyboard when the problem \
came up), the problem was with a module called usbkbm, in the entry \
USB_KBD_DEFAULT_PACKET_SIZE, the usbkbm module seemed to expect 0bytes boot packets, \
but the usb keyboard was sending 8bytes packets. The problem and the solution this \
guy found can be found on the next link: \
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/laptop-discuss/2008-July/010985.html Could \
someone give me a hand with this? We've also tried to turn on (and off) USB Legacy \
Support, with the same results... keyboard works at GRUB, and stops working after the \
kernel loads the modules. We can see that there's a problem with a pci controller, \
but nothing comes to my mind at this moment. The Laptop specs are, Core2Duo 5450, \
1.6Ghz, 2GB Ram 667Mhz... The strange thing is that we installed a FreeBSD without \
any problem before...

Thanks in advance.

PD (in spanish for AOSUG):  żalguno tiene idea al respecto?

GHReyes