List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [laptop-discuss] A praise of suspend/resume
From:       george white <george () palisad ! com>
Date:       2008-10-30 15:33:12

Yes, it's pretty cool  I've gotten it working on my hp dv9000, dual core AMD running
nv99 (including broadcom wireless!).  I had to fix a few drivers to get there (binaries
at  http://www.palisad.com/solaris/drivers).   I've noticed a few oddities, for example,
the screensaver power down functionn doesn't work unless the screensaver daemon
is restarted.  Another is that I set the repeat key to a shorter interval, which doesn't
seem to stay set across SR.  Another is that plugged in SD cards don't seem to be
remounted.    It also takes 2 pushes of the power button to resume.  I'll upgrade when
nv102 is  released and see how many of these are fixed, but at least for now, none of
these issues is super critical.

George