List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    [laptop-discuss] Want multiple consoles? -- try virtual console
From:       Aaron Zang <Aaron.Zang () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-10-21 9:34:32

Hi All,

Virtual console infrastructure has been integrated to
the OS/Net (ON) consolidation since snv_100.
 From now on, you can switch between text consoles if
you enable virtual console on your system.

The project team is now working on the X server changes
so that you can finally switch between X sessions and
text consoles as well.
And there is a prototype version of Xorg which supports
switching between X sessions and text consoles available
for downloads.

 From more information, please visit our project page:
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/vconsole/

To configure virtual console and download the virtual-
console-supporting Xorg binary, please visit:
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/vconsole/Downloads/

We'd prefer all the future discussions go to
vconsole-discuss@opensolaris.org
And if you are interested in the follow-up project,
please subscribe.

Thanks,
Aaron

--
You know some birds are not meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright.