List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [laptop-discuss] Zyd driver and Belkin F5D7050 rev4000
From:       Ben Taylor <John.B.Taylor () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-01-29 21:08:08

Eric Reid wrote:
> Attempting to get this USB-attach 802.11g device working with nv81
> laptop... zyd doesn't seem to want to
> recognize it...
>
> Questions:
>   * Does Zyd 0.1 support devices with the Zydas ZD1211b chip (more
> recently known as Atheros AR5007UG)?
>   * If so, has anyone gotten this device to work with OpenSolaris?
>   * If so, are there any plans to add WEP support to the driver?
>
> TIA/ERR

Try the prototype code in
http://svn9.cvsdude.com/kdesolaris/zyd/tags/zyd-0.1.3.1

That code base has support for the AL2230 and RFMD (rf2959) radios
as well as the zd1211b  chipset  with the AL2230 (I have a Gigafast
WF748-CUI,
usbace,1215) that works with this driver.  WEP is also enabled. Use
dladm and not wificonfig.

Not sure what kind of radio is in the AR5007UG device, but the updated
driver will spit out a more useful error message if it isn't supported.

Ben