List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    [laptop-discuss] problem with wificonfig
From:       Brandon White <soldierboy101st () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-12-30 19:10:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I am following the instructions to install ipw driver for intel 3945 here:

http://opensolaris.org/os/community/laptop/wireless/ipw/

Everything went fine until I try to connect to created profile, I get this message:

"wificonfig: failed to open 'wpi0': No such file or directory"

However, wpi0 is indeed listed when I execute the "ifconfig -a" command.

also noticed that I have to plumb the driver each time I boot into
Solaris. I also noticed that the wifi indicator on the laptop chassis
is not on and from experience (linux) this has to be on for wifi to
work. I am running Solaris 10. Thanks for your help.

Be a better friend, newshound, and