List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [laptop-discuss] OpenSolaris on an Eee PC
From:       "Garrett D'Amore" <garrett () damore ! org>
Date:       2007-12-27 17:32:55

My gut says you probably need to update the ath HAL layer as well.  This
is not necessarily a difficult task, but it requires some effort to
download the latest HAL (usually found in FreeBSD, or ask Sam Leffler
for the latest location), and adjust the driver headers, etc. to
accommodate the changes.  (There are versioning checks which have to be
accommodated.)   I've done this in the past, and would be willing to
help try to make it work, if someone sent me loaner hardware or granted
access to test with.

    -- Garrett