List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    [laptop-discuss] snv_53 "probe-error" on NVIDIA GeForce 5200..I
From:       Mike Kuhnkey <mkuhnkey () comcast ! net>
Date:       2006-12-11 14:10:55

1) Interactive part of install is MUCH quicker....really nice!
During text based part of install, prior to initialization of window system, an error \
message displayed very briefly...but I missed most of it.  Several attempts at \
"interactive installation" resulted in different failures/hangs...which I think is \
related to NVIDIA "probe-error".

However, when installation is by Desktop "text mode" installation is very snappy and \
completes flawlessly....and NVIDIA interface works very well.

Is there a way to capture the grapical install error...when the installation fails to \
complete?  Or, is there a "probe" function on x86 that may be run to identify/capture \
the error on a successfully installed x86 system?