List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    Re: [install-discuss] pkgtool questions
From:       Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-07-25 17:13:56

Brandon Barker wrote:
> I'm not very familiar with pkgtool or its cousin rpmbuild, so I have some pretty \
> basic questions (and will probably have more).  I didn't see any opensolaris \
> documentation or howtos that described things in-depth, but maybe I missed them.

pkgtool was created by the desktop team for building their packages,
and has been adopted by the source juicer project, but isn't used by
most Solaris packages in general, so install-discuss isn't a good
place to ask about it - try desktop-discuss or sw-porters-discuss.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com