List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    Re: [install-discuss] OpenSolaris OS200811 Installation
From:       Evan Layton <Evan.Layton () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-12-15 20:58:50

Mutahir wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I downloaded os200811 build and started to install on my dell dimension 5000 pc:
>
> The specs are as follows :
> P4 3Ghz, 2GB ram, ATI Sapphire 2400HD Graphics card (I updated this from GMA950 \
> Onboard)
> The cd boots fine, asks for language and keyboard layout/options ; then 'check pc \
> display settings ' it won't boot into graphics.
> Any suggestions ; idea ? I remember it works on GMA950 (I tried opensolaris live cd \
> a while ago).
> Would be greatful if someone could guide me on how to use ATI card.
>
> regards
> Mutahir

Have you checked the hardware compatibility list to see if this adapter is
listed? When I last looked it didn't appear that there was support for the ATI
Sapphire 2400HD in OpenSolaris (or Linux). What you may have to do is go back to
using the onboard GMA950 until there's a driver available for your ATI card.

The hardware compatibility list can be found at:
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/os/

-evan