List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    Re: [install-discuss] SVM thru jumpstart
From:       "Will Murnane" <will.murnane () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-28 21:53:03

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 17:36, AV <varadaa@aim.com> wrote:
> My question being, can we customize this from happening ? I would like number like \
>                 below (don't ask why, that is customer requirement).
> -------------------------
> d0 - m d10 d11
> d1 -m d20 d21
> d2 -m d30 d31
> d3 -m d40 d41
> d4 -m d50 d51
> -------------------------
We have this in our Jumpstart scripts:
-------------------------
metadb          c0t0d0s7        count 2
metadb          c0t1d0s7       count 2
filesys         mirror:d10 c0t0d0s3 c0t1d0s3 2048 swap
filesys         mirror:d20 c0t0d0s1 c0t1d0s1 110 /afscache
filesys         mirror:d30 c0t0d0s0 c0t1d0s0 free /
-------------------------
and get a result like this (for d10 only):
-------------------------
d10: Mirror
    Submirror 0: d11
      State: Okay
    Submirror 1: d12
      State: Okay
Without looking at the code, I'd say jumpstart is assigning (the next
two numbers after the mirror that are available) to the submirrors.
Thus, picking d10 etc instead of d1 leaves numbers 11 and 12 free, and
those get used.  When you select d0, d1, etc, nothing is free until
d5, so it shrugs and picks the next numbers anyways.

HTH
Will