List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    Re: [install-discuss] solaris express developer edition install
From:       jan damborsky <Jan.Damborsky () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-02-21 8:29:56

Hi Dan,

you are probably hitting existing problem here - if user tries
to install on 8GB IDE disk in VMware, installer fails refusing
to create install profile.
If this is the case the last message in install log should be
(right after the one you are referring to below):

<OM> Couldn't create install profile

The fix for this bug is in progress and will be available
in build 85.

There are several possibilities to workaround this problem:
[1] Create 8GB SCSI disk (not ATA), OR
[2] Create slightly bigger ATA disk (9GB) OR
[3] Create Solaris partition in some partition tool (fdisk)
     before you launch the installer, then select to install on
     existing Solaris partition in "Disk" screen

Thank you,
Jan