List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    Re: [install-discuss] [trademark-policy-dev] Sun's Responses to the
From:       "Martin Bochnig" <mb1x () gmx ! com>
Date:       2008-02-14 1:27:31

> p.s. pkg-discuss is only for ips, not for general packaging discussions.
> --
> Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
> http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

Yep, that's clear. install-discuss would be for the latter. But as I indicated: Maybe \
one can pick the best out of those two, e.g. enhance conary based on - and building \
on - pkg-discuss's very good work. Then it does matter to /usr/bin/pkg and its list. \
Both conary and IPS are written in python2.4, both have their C-backends as dlopen() \
loadable libraries.

Let's see, however: One step after another.

%martin
p.s. This message was posted from a conary-aware Indiana_Preview1 hdd installation.