List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    Re: [install-discuss] How can I install the CIFS service to a "Core
From:       Gérard_Henry <gerard.henry () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-12-16 6:58:20

John Klimek a écrit :
> I'm trying to build a "simple" Solaris 10 file server using ZFS + CIFS... That \
> means I don't need X Windows or anything like that, etc.
> During the Solaris 10 installation I chose the "Core Group" for the installation so \
> that it doesn't install all of the extra software associated with the other \
> installation groups.
> How do I go about installing the CIFS service?
>
> I've read the page here:  \
> http://opensolaris.org/os/project/cifs-server/gettingstarted.html
> ...and when I run "svcadm enable -r smb/server" it gives me an error about the \
> service not being found or something like that... (sorry I'm not at the server)
> How do I go about installing just the core CIFS service/software so I can share my \
> ZFS file systems via CIFS?

on SXDE3:
system      SUNWsmbar                        samba - A Windows SMB/CIFS
fileserver for UNIX (Root)
system      SUNWsmbau                        samba - A Windows SMB/CIFS
fileserver for UNIX (Usr)
system      SUNWsmbskr                       SMB Server (Kernel)
system      SUNWsmbsr                        SMB Server (Root)
system      SUNWsmbsu                        SMB Server (Usr)

--
Gerard HENRY