List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    Re: [install-discuss] Re: [indiana-discuss] Interesting comments
From:       Ian Murdock <Ian.Murdock () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2007-06-29 0:05:37

James Falkner wrote:
> Those first couple of screenshots showed the ugliness of our
> current installer (esp. the grub screen, and the keyboard/graphics
> device selector) w/r/t Fedora.  I believe Caiman is addressing
> the last two.  But it sounds like we could throw in a pretty
> grub background with zero effort in the current installers to
> give a little "coolness" to the very first DVD/media boot screens.

Yep. You'll also notice the first words you see in the Red Hat
installation experience aren't "GNU GRUB version 0.95". Imagine you
don't know what GRUB is... "Aren't I running Solaris Express build 66?"
"This software isn't even to version 1.0 yet?" Etc. Details
matter--and, to James' point, this is fairly low hanging fruit at that.

-ian
--
Ian Murdock
650-331-9324