List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    [install-discuss] solaris express b66, GRUB problem
From:       "=?GB2312?B?zNW93SBFdWxlciBUYW8=?=" <eulertao () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-23 0:12:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Dear all:

I installed a Express B66 yesterday on a 80GB IDE disk, Intel P4 PC with
512MB memory.
Before this new installation, there existed a Solaris 10 (U3) on one of disk
partition of this PC. And it worked very well.
And I cleared the whole disk and made B66 to use the whole disk now, with
three mount point: /, swap, /export/home.

However, after installing, after ejecting the installation DVD, and after
rebooting, I found that there was NO GRUB to boot the B66.
A "Bad PBR sig" string was on the screen instead.

I had to boot the B66 by using the DVD's grub, and enter the grub command
manually. It succeed to boot to B66 and I tried to use
"installgrub" command to rebuild the GRUB and the return of the installgrub
showed me that I had succeed to install grub on the MBR
of the first disk (there existed only one disk actually).

Then "sync", then ejected the DVD, then rebooted.
But this time... a new error occured... It seems GRUB had been installed on
the MBR, but it could not load successfully.
There was only one word "GRUB" on the top left corner of the screen and the
bootup procedure stopped.

What's the problem? How can I resolve it?
Thanks in advanced:)

Regards
TJ

PS: After intalling the Express B66, I found there were some problems as
well.
For example:
1, After booting-up into B66, auto mounting /export/home is failed all the
time.
2,"svcadm enable ssh" is failed, because some of its dependency services are
offline.
But I could start-up ssh service by using the sshd command manually.
3, the X-window doesn't work
4, ...

Is there anyone having the same problem with me?