List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    Re: [install-discuss] Re: how do i Install man pages?
From:       mary ding <mary.ding () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2007-06-22 16:17:08

Dick and Jason:

SUNWman will only be installed unless you select to install SUNWCprog,
SUNWCall or SUNWCXall.  If you select to install SUNWCrnet, then you can
add SUNWman and the necessary dependency package with package customization.

Dick Davies wrote:
> On 21/06/07, jason <jouellet@uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>> i got my machine running a again, i don't remember what stuff i
>> selected during the install. i didn't know what most of it was for.
>>
>> $ cat /var/sadm/system/admin/CLUSTER
>> CLUSTER=SUNWCrnet
>> $
>>
>> so how do get SUNWman installed?
>>
>> i don't even know how to mount the install CD
>
> When the installer starts up, it says something like
> it when you see it)- that's your CD/DVD device.
>
> Try:
>
> mount -F hsfs /dev/dsk/whatever /mnt
> cd /mnt/Solaris_11/Product
> pkgadd -d . SUNWdoc SUNWman
>
> Look at adding SUNWvolu SUNWvolr too, that
> gives you the volmgt service which automounts CDs :)

Unfortunately for S11, volume managent had been replaced by smedia.
However, the manual mount of the hsfs should work.