List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    Re: [install-discuss] Installing Firefox using Blastwave Breaks System
From:       "Enda O'Connor" <Enda.Oconnor () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2007-04-23 10:01:00

Jerry Gardner wrote:
> I installed Firefox using Blastwave ("pkg-get -i firefox") and it broke the Java \
> Desktop System.
> When I try to log in now, I get the initial JDS splash screen for a few seconds, \
> and then it goes immediately back to the login screen. CDE works fine.
> I noticed that when Firefox was installing, it installed a bunch of Gnome \
> components--could that have caused this?
> How do I get JDS back?

Hi
This line in /etc/inetd.conf ( added by software called fam, which is
dragged in by pkg-get for firefox somehow )
caused my gnome to die like yours, comment it how and reboot

#  fam, the File Alteration Monitor, http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/
#sgi_fam/1-2 stream rpc/tcp wait root //opt/csw/bin/fam fam

Enda