List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    [install-discuss] Re: SUNWdtdmr and SUNWdtlog failed to install
From:       John Brewer <jabrewer () rochester ! rr ! com>
Date:       2007-04-15 10:02:35

> not sure how it got lost - Dave Miner also sent this
> to the thread-
>
> "
> The issue here is probably the widely-reported
> problem with the 64-bit X
> server.  As Alan Coopersmith said elsewhere:
>
> The fix is in build 62 - the workaround until then is
> to switch back
> to the 32-bit Xorg server:
> svccfg -s x11-server setprop
> options/server=/usr/X11/bin/i386/Xorg
>

> You'll need to log out after that change to get the X
> server to restart.
>
> Dave
>
> " - if someone finds this thread without that note,
> this worked as a good work-around for me - thanks
> Dave.

What startup file can you modify, When I restart the X server, I loose the mouse Icon \
pointer, mouse movements are still being handled by the driver, when you move the \
souse around, I had reported a bug on this pointer issue with the USB lagacy mouse \
port enabled on the PC bios, so this bug effects ps/2 mouses as well.