List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    Re: [install-discuss] Live upgrade and zones
From:       "Eric J. Ray" <Eric.Ray () sun ! com>
Date:       2006-06-27 12:12:35

Ian,

We're actively working on that--you may see it referenced as
Zulu (Zone Upgrade Live Upgrade). There isn't an official timeline
for the update release that Zulu will deliver to. It's currently
planned to be in the update release after the next one. (That is,
Solaris 10 06/06 just released and is available for download from
www.sun.com/solaris/. There's another update in the works, then
the update that we expect Zulu to be in.) That's the story for
availability in an official release.

As far as being able to start experimenting/using/etc,
I expect that you'll see Zulu in a Solaris Express release
before the end of the calendar year.

Does that help?

Eric

Ian Collins wrote:
> Is there a published timeline for getting LU to play nicely with zones?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian.

Eric J. Ray
Software Engineering Manager