List:       opensolaris-install-discuss
Subject:    [install-discuss] snv_39 fail to install on 250 GB disk.
From:       Andrzej Butkiewicz <scoot () wp ! pl>
Date:       2006-06-07 8:11:47

I was installing snv_39 yesterday and notice very ugly problem with disk \
partitioning. On my 250 GB HDD I wanted only two slices: one for root and second for \
swap. Root took about 10 GB and swap 2 GB from available space. Rest of the disk \
wasn't allocated.

Installator was place root and swap slices on last sectors of my harddisk above 128 \
GB and (I suppose that was the reason) I wasn't boot the system! I saw grub-menu only \
with no system to boot.

So, I was reinstalling the system with new definitions of slices: root and swap no \
changes but I was adding another slice mounting in /d0 with 200 GB allocated. In this \
case the installator was placing root and swap on begin of my disk and boot process \
have succeeded.

Regards,
Andrzej