List:       opensolaris-i18n-discuss
Subject:    [i18n-discuss] Translation of OpenSolaris 2009.06 docs
From:       Young Pintaske <Young.J.Song () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-06-02 22:53:20

Hi I18n Community,

It's been a long time since I wrote to this alias last time. I apologize
for silently disappearing from the community almost one and a half year ago.

I've recently taken on the translation project for the 2009.06 docs from
Ikuko. I would like to update you on the documentation that's currently
being translated:

OpenSolaris 2009.06 Image Packaging System Guide
OpenSolaris 2009.06 Managing Boot Environments
Getting Started with OpenSolaris 2009.06
OpenSolaris 2009.06 Automated Installer Guide
What's New

Language set is identical to that in the 2008.11 release which you can
see here:
http://wiki.genunix.org/wiki/index.php/OpenSolaris_I18n_&_L10n_Community_SketchPad/trans_status/

The only new documentation added to translation this time is Automated
Installer Guide. We're translating it to Japanese and Simplified Chinese.

As translation gets available on our download center, I'll write an
email to this alias and update the wiki page.

We're yet to start translation of Release Notes, for which we'd welcome
community participation. In the previous release, I noticed Korean and
Japanese were done by the respective l10n community. If you're
interested, please feel free to let me know.

best regards,
Young