List:       opensolaris-i18n-discuss
Subject:    [i18n-discuss] Help for translastion: Release Notes for OpenSolaris
From:       Ikuko Kagaya <Ikuko.Kagaya () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-12-24 8:01:13

Hi,

Is there anybody who is interested in the Release Notes translation for OpenSolaris 2008.11?
Sun is now looking for people who can help to translate the following langs.

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/indiana/resources/relnotes/200811/x86/

	German
	Italian
	Korean
	Traditional Chinese

The word counts are about 6,200, and the format is html.

If you are interested in the translation, please send back to me and this alias
telling "I will contribute to the translation".

As Sun does not provide the TM, please start from the scratch.

It would be nice if you use the following title per lang

	OpenSolaris 2008.11-Versionshinweise
	Note su OpenSolaris 2008.11
	OpenSolaris 2008.11 릴리스 노트
	OpenSolaris 2008.11 版本說明

The process can be found in

	http://wikis.sun.com/display/g11n/How+to+Translate+OpenSolaris+Documents

The file which needs to be translated can be downloaded from
    *  Translation:
		ReleaseNotes2008.11.zip
in the above site.

Also, please check the process in  this site

	- Getting Started
	- How to Translate

and Before-translation file in the downloaded file.

There is no fixed schedule, but it would be nice if you could finalize by around Jan.10.
It is fine if you want to have more time. Please tell us your target date.

I would appreciate if each language community leader can help/communicate
with a person who is interested in if any.

As I am taking off 12/26 and 12/29, also Japan office closes until 1/6, I may not
be able to answer your questions in timely manner.  Sorry for inconvenience.

Thank you for your help :-)
Ikuko