List:       opensolaris-i18n-discuss
Subject:    [i18n-discuss] Fong Substitution
From:       "W. Wayne Liauh" <wp () HawaiiLinux ! us>
Date:       2008-02-08 17:21:02

As of SXCE81 & SXDE4, it appears that we are stilling having problems in trying to \
properly display Chinese characters in OpenOffice.org and StarSuite if: (1) I am not \
running OOo in Chinese locale and (2) I did not choose any of the Chinese fonts in \
"Document font" preference dialog window.  If I do (2), then the English fonts would \
look funny (ugly).

This problem, however, appears to be OOo-specific, as I do not encounter the problem \
when running gedit.

Does anyone know which file does the font (family) substitution in Solaris Express \
(no problem with Solaris 10)?  And in OpenOffice.org?

Thanks.