List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] Python still 2.4?
From:       Didier Koelkast <info () ad-it ! nl>
Date:       2011-04-11 6:34:33

Hi all,

I've tried to compile a package, but it needs Python 2.6 or higher. My installation \
has 2.4, so I tried to:

remove 2.4 from package manager > still 2.4 when I start python in terminal
install 2.6 from package manager > error
install 2.6 from respository site > installed, but still 2.4
install 2.6 through blastwave > same
compile 2.7.1 > same

The package also still says it needs 2.6+ to continue and doesn't have it.

So what do I need to do?