List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    Re: [osol-help] showrev and patchadd on SunOS 5.11
From:       Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith () oracle ! com>
Date:       2011-01-24 15:18:01

On 01/23/11 10:33 PM, PS wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to know that is there any equivalent of showrev and patchedd on Sol 11 as \
> these commands were present on Sol 10. Or is there any alternative way like some \
> file etc by which I can collect the same information as provided by showrev.

SVR4 patches are not supported on Solaris 11, fixes are installed as new package
versions instead, so you would see which fixes are installed by using pkg info
to check the package versions.

If you're looking for the information from showrev other than the patch list
(-p), most of it is available from other commands, including uname, isainfo,
and domainname.   showrev -c is a mix of output from file, mcs -p, ldd, ls -l,
and sum.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith@oracle.com