List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    Re: [osol-help] Dual screen setup on Toshiba R600 hangs
From:       Mike Meyer <mwm-keyword-opensolaris.649b73 () mired ! org>
Date:       2010-07-25 0:22:10

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 16:25:08 PDT
Jean-Paul Rivet <jrivet@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Interesting.
>
> Following this thread:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/304871
>
> I enabled the NoAccel "True" in the Device section and the machine now comes up \
> even with the Virtual directive enabled.

Cool. Great news.

> The only drama is after login I get only the external screen display in all white \
> only. Attached xorg.conf and log file.
> What can I do next?

From the xorg.0.log, it's using LVDS and VGA, so the xorg.conf should
be right. What's left is trying to configure the intel card to the
right mode. I can't help much with that; the best bet is to read the
intel man page for more information, and then try adjusting
likely-looking settings.

I did note two things:

First, X thinks the card has three outputs: VGA, LVDS and TMDS-1. Make
sure you're using the right ones: VGA should be the SVGA port; TMDS-1
should be a DVI port. LVDS is typically a laptops builtin LCD.

Second, messages like this:

Hardware claims pipe A is off while software believes it is on

show up a number of times. That looks like a bad thing to me, but
would be related to getting the  intel card configured properly. I'd
start with that after looking through the man page.

      <mike