List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    Re: [osol-help] where is Xvfb
From:       Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith () oracle ! com>
Date:       2010-07-22 17:56:20

Naomi Fox wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Alan Coopersmith
> <alan.coopersmith@oracle.com <mailto:alan.coopersmith@oracle.com>> wrote:
>
>     Naomi Fox wrote:
>     > Where do I get Xvfb?
>     >
>     > I am running kernel version: SunOS 5.11 on x86 hardware.
>     > Xvfb is not in /usr/openwin/bin/
>
>     What distro/build are you running?  ("cat /etc/release" will
>     help you there.)
>
>     In current OpenSolaris /dev builds, it's in /usr/bin/Xvfb.
>

> I'm running Solaris Nevada snv_67 X86
>
> No Xvfb in /usr/bin/

That's positively ancient (June 2007) - it wouldn't be in /usr/bin until
snv_130, about 3 years later than that build.

You should have Xvfb in /usr/X11/bin and in /usr/openwin/bin if you
did a full install.  If you have neither, then you need to find your
original install media to add the missing packages, or better yet,
upgrade to a version that's much more current.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith@oracle.com