List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] OpenSolaris does not recogonize my wireless network
From:       macarthur <133794m3r () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-24 20:33:58

I went into the live cd to see if my system would be compatible and it seems to work \
except that it's not recognizing my wireless network. It is on a 4Ghz 40Hz band with \
PSA-PSK security and IS broadcasting the SSID. I can see the random one that comes in \
and out on my laptop when i'm on ubuntu when i'm in opensolaris' live os but my \
network is not found and it refuses to even connect to it.

My hardware is the Asus g51vx and the wifi card is the Intel 5100BGN which is \
supposedly compatible according to the HCL.

I've no idea why it's not working beyond some weird wireless driver issue since this \
                also happened with FreeBSD.