List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    Re: [osol-help] Difference between "pkg" and "pkg-get"
From:       W Brian Leonard <william.leonard () oracle ! com>
Date:       2010-06-23 11:21:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Peter,

pkg <http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+pkg/> IS the
OpenSolaris image packaging system (IPS).

pkg_get
<http://www.blastwave.org/pkg/pkgcontents.ftd?software=pkg_get&style=brief&state=5&arch=i386>
is a download tool used by Blastwave. It doesn't even exist on a clean
OpenSolaris install, so you have had to install it. Blastwave used to
have an IPS mirror <http://blastwave.network.com:10000/> set up, but
that now appears to be down.

Regards,
Brian