List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    Re: [osol-help] chash failure with package installation
From:       Mark Zimmerli <Mark.Zimmerli () utas ! edu ! au>
Date:       2010-02-28 14:58:06

Thanks for the reply Thorsten.

I did some more testing, and took the machine to work to try there. On the work \
connection the packages downloaded and installed without error so I think it was a \
local issue on my home network.

I am behind a Smoothwall firewall at home, but I don't have a proxy turned on there. \
I've now moved the machine to a different switch and it seems to be happier (at least \
it's installed SUNWgcc without error).

I have a feeling that the previous connection may have caused the problem via dodgy \
network connections (cables, switch etc).

Thanks again,

Mark