List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] A guide to installing OpenSolaris on SPARC?
From:       A Dutta <ad_101 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-02-23 9:05:00

Hi OpenSolaris Experts,

I'm planning to install OpenSolaris on a SPARC machine that now has Solaris 10 on it.

I guess I'll have to do a fresh install, rather than an upgrade.

Is there a guide to help in the process?

How much of the material in Solaris 10 docs such as

   "Solaris 10 10/09 Release and Installation Collection"
    http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/1236.11?l=en

   "Solaris 10 10/09 Installation Guide:
    Planning for Installation and Upgrade"
    http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-0441?l=en

applicable?

Rather, what are the changes from that document set
to OpenSolaris that I should be aware of?

Regards.