List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    Re: [osol-help] MUST reboot -- -r after EVERY reboot of my server
From:       Brian Foshee <brianfoshee () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-31 23:12:28

benr,

I am now having the problem that even with a reboot -- -r, all of the disks still do \
not show up.  I was able to boot the live cd, see 3/4 discs, rebooted and 4/4 were \
there.  I was able to import the zpool from there, all was well.  I exported the \
zpool, booted back to my hard drive, still can only see 3/4 disks (somtimes only one, \
sometimes 2, it seems like there is no pattern to how many discs will show up and any \
given time).  This should be enough to pull in a zpool (3/4 disks available) but i \
get an error again. I have also done the devfsadm -vC, the first time a bunch of text \
scrolled down, now i get nothing.  Should I update the bootloader yet or do I need to \
have all discs seen and mounted before I do this?

I'd like to try to update the firmware in these drives.  I have the firmware but I \
have to use a DOS disc to flash it and im still trying to figure that one out.

thanks for the help

brian