List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    Re: [osol-help] ATI Radeon HD 2400
From:       Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-12-31 8:51:14

Ted Slusser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to setup ATI Radeon HD 2400 drivers to enable "compiz fusion" and multiple monitors.

Compiz requires 3D acceleration for your graphics card.   OpenSolaris
does not support 3D acceleration on Radeon HD cards at this time.
To run compiz on OpenSolaris or Solaris, you need Nvidia or Intel
graphics, or one of the few older model ATI Radeon cards (x700 for
instance) which have 3D acceleration support.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com