List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    Re: [osol-help] Boot Disk question
From:       Lars Tunkrans <lars.tunkrans () bredband ! net>
Date:       2008-07-31 2:59:12

> location?  Is this configured
> somewhere?<br>

Yes  ,  its configured in    /etc/vfstab    and in /etc/path_to_inst
and its depentent on you having a USB soultion thats usable.

Its is possible to boot from USB as I have booted the the older Indiana Preview from \
USB  thanks to instrunctions in Dave Miners blog.

This is probably not a bug.  Solaris is not designed to be able to move a system \
configured for SATA  to boot via USB.

it would be a request for enhancment in that case.
One possibility that might work is to do an upgrade install on the disk once its \
moved , hovewer I have not tried to do that.

   //Lars